Hosting a food drive is the perfect way to support the community this holiday season. Even after food bank support, there is still a 22-million meal gap throughout our service area. Help us fill the gap this holiday season. Below are four simple steps for having a successful food drive this holiday season.
Step One: Register your food drive online.
- Click here to register your food drive online. The holiday season is busy for all the right reasons; therefore, registering your food drive is essential.
- Registering your food drive online will give you the option of accessing our food drive boxes, which individually hold 150 pounds of donations. The boxes lay flat and easily fit into any vehicle. Please note: you will need to tape the bottom of your boxes together before use.
- We can even set a date for our transportation team to pick up your food drive box once full.
Step Two: Decide on the details.
- Consider a location that will be most visible- schools, grocery stores, gyms, libraries, offices, etc.
- Have a themed food drive as a great way to increase participation. For example, a winter warm-up theme including a collection of stew, soup and hot cocoa. Click here for additional theme ideas.
- Make the food drive a competition between classrooms, departments, teams, etc. Offer the winning team an incentive such as a pizza party or a casual dress day.
Step Three: Spread the word.
- Ask friends and family to donate, reach out to local businesses, hang posters and share on social media. Click here to find our template poster.
- Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for a list of top food items to donate.
- Click here to see our logo and brand usage guidelines as well as fast facts about the Food Bank. These are great for your use in the community.
Step Four: Thank your participants.
- Thank everyone who donated. Be sure to announce how much food was collected. Take several photos and celebrate!
- Post on social media as well as tag us for the potential to be highlighted on our social media channels like Facebook and Twitter.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact the Food Bank at 225-359-9940 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.