In this edition of our Q&A series,
Meet our newest board member, Sarah Haneline! As a Workforce Development and Communications Specialist, she was recently chosen to represent BASF for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank’s Board of Directors. Welcome a-board Sarah!
What are some of your hobbies?
- I enjoy traveling, spending time with friends and family and playing beach volleyball.
What’s something that most people don’t know about you?
- Because I’m a redhead, most people don’t know that my mom is half Native Hawaiian.
What has surprised you most about your experience of serving on the Board?
- I think I’m too new to answer this one…
Why do you think the work of the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank is important to the community?
- The work of the GBRFB is important to the community for many reasons. One is pretty obvious—food is a basic necessity that we all need to survive. For our children, food is needed for their physical and intellectual growth and development, and without programs like the Backpack Program, students’ educations will suffer. It is shocking to know how many people in our community go without regular meals, but the Food Bank provides hope to those who are hungry. It also allows community members to band together to help provide for those less fortunate.
What are you most proud of about the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank/What excites you most about the Food Bank’s future?
- I’m not completely sure how to answer this yet, but I love the mobile food pantries that provide fresh produce.